Home About My Fitness Journey

My Fitness Journey

WHAT MADE ME WANT TO CHANGE?

Reaching a weight of 14 stones in 2016, I was the biggest and heaviest I had ever been in my life. I was unhappy, struggled to focus on tasks, and did not like my appearance. I did not feel healthy at all, and walking to the shops was a struggle. I knew I had to change, in order to live a healthy but most importantly a life where I could enjoy being outdoors, being active and having fun.

HOW DID I DO IT?

I joined a gym and gave it my all. I built habits surrounding nutrition, training, and general activity levels during my week. I believed in myself, and learned to take care of my body. I have remained consistent with my nutrition, and training and incorporated these habits into my daily life.

WHAT DO I EAT?

My nutrition right now consists 95% of food I prepare myself – I love experimenting and knowing every single ingredient I consume. The remaining 5% I allow myself to have a treat, whether that be a meal out with family or friends, or a sweet treat if I fancy one. I do not follow a ‘diet’, however my food consists of a conscious decision to use wholesome ingredients, and avoid processed/ packaged food. I am a firm believer in balance, and of course my nutrition is not 100% perfect – besides what is perfect?? 😉

Left : Aged 23, Mid University (2012) Right: Aged 26, After 4 Stone Weight Loss (2017)