Who is Clean Eating By Jay?
Hi! I’m Jaymini, I’m 27 and from Leicester in the UK. I have always absolutely loved food, and ever since I was a young girl at school I knew I wanted a career in food, and more specifically developing new recipes. A major influence on this is down to my dad, who has always worked in the food industry. He would bring home trial products every week, and tell me about his days at work and the reasoning behind these new products. I would get so excited and enjoyed learning about new processes and innovative products.
Throughout school I also had a really strong passion for Science; in particular Biology and Chemistry as well as Business Studies and decided to undertake a dual-honours degree at Keele University which allowed me combine two subjects – WIN! I graduated in 2013 with an upper second class honours degree in BSc Biochemistry with Business Management.
I now work for a pet food manufacturer in Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, helping develop new products and ensuring they are safe and comply with legislation.. which I really enjoy!
In my spare time I do a lot of cooking; developing new recipes using ingredients which are simple and easy to source. The food I eat consists of 95% food which I have prepared, and the other 5% I allow for condiments, sauces and the odd treat.
Recently I have been asked by people for recipes I would share on my Instagram page, and that is where this website began! It is my aim to educate, share my passion for food and to show cooking should not be a daunting task for anyone.